Hey everybody!
This week in class we broke into groups and found out who all we're going to be working with in our service projects over in Ghana. I am going ot be at the HOPE orphanage/ home for boys, which is absolutely where I feel I will fit. I am very excited about this, and think we have a great group of three who can really make a difference. We also talked with Ms. Rose, who stayed at the orphanage for a month last summer. Her advice and direction absolutely got us on the right track, and hearing all she had to say about her experiences there got me completely excited for the trip.
One thing we did this week was brainstorm about what exactly we're going to do to impact the community with our service projects. We came up with ideas and a list of immediate needs (books, school supplies, etc) as well as long-term needs, like a system where volunteers can sign up to help out at the school.
If anyone comes up with any ideas you think might help, please don't hesitate to tell us!
God Bless,
-Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment